Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poster Project





The project was to choose a topic that with significant to who we are, or something we cared about. I decided do focus on coastal erosion in Louisiana and the future affects it would have if it continues at the current rate. I used satellite photographs of communities along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and used the text to personify erosion or rising water levels. I experimented with typing on paths, I began with the spiral tool but ended up changing to the ellipse tool to get a consistent curve. I also experiment with the use of color in type but decided to stick with a consistent grayscale throughout. Specific words changed color in order to emphasize certain words or even to hide or erode certain words. 

1 comment:

  1. Markus these are my favorites. I want a framed one, and maybe you should try to sell these to some coastal erosion awareness group.

    ReplyDelete